Apply: African Union Regional Consultations on the Roles and Contributions of Youth to Peace and Security in Africa 2019. Apply Here for this job.
To Whom it may Concern!!!
- Download UTME Past Questions and Answers for 2019 Admission Here or Call 08142656677
- Download Scholarships Past Questions and Answers Here or Call 08142656677
- Download School of Nursing Past Questions and Answers Here or Call 08142656677
- Download Forces(Army, Navy, Airforce..)Past Questions and Answers simply Call 08142656677
For Full Details Click Here
kindly view Complete details here
Deadline: March 23, 2019
The African Union Commission, through its Youth for Peace (Y4P) Africa Program of the Peace and Security Department is calling for applications for the Regional Consultations on the Roles and Contributions of Youth to Peace and Security in Africa.
The overall goal of the proposed regional youth consultations is to provide a collaborative, open and inclusive space for young peace builders to contribute towards the creation of a prosperous and peaceful Africa in line with Aspirations 4 and 6 of the AU Agenda 2063. The consultations will consider the roles and contributions of youth to peace and security in Africa via Conflict Prevention; Crisis/Conflict Management and Resolution; Peace Support Operations; Post Conflict Reconstruction and Development; Security Sector Reform and Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration as well as critical crosscutting issues such as gender, humanitarian action, climate change, transnational organized crime; piracy and maritime security, violent extremism, amongst others.
It is expected that the consultations will also provide the platform to interrogate factors inhibiting meaningful youth participation in peace and security as well as propose actionable recommendations to address them. Applications are hereby invited from interested youth – individuals and organizations – working in the broad areas of peace and security to take part in the proposed regional consultations to be held between March and May 2019, in each of Africa’s five regions.
- The African Union Commission will cover all expenses of successful applicants, including travel and accommodation, to participate in the regional consultations.
- Applicants must be an African citizen between 15 and 35 years old;
- Must belong to a youth-led group or initiative that is actively involved in any of the thematic issues in the area of peace and security in Africa;
- Verifiable Documentation (narrative or video) of interventions in any of the aforementioned areas of peace and security.
Applications containing the under listed required documentation should be sent to: [email protected] and [email protected] on or before 12:00am (Addis Ababa time) on March 23, 2019.
- Official Identification: Passport with a minimum validity of 6 months
- Contact Details: First and Last Name; Country; Name of Organization; Telephone numbers and email; Website and Social Media profile details
- Type of Participation: The applicant must provide an official letter of introduction from the represented organization
- Organization Profile: Summary of activities aimed at enhancing either Conflict Prevention; Crisis/Conflict Management and Resolution; Peace Support Operations; Post Conflict Reconstruction and Development; Security Sector Reform and Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration as well as critical crosscutting issues such as gender mainstreaming, humanitarian action, climate change, transnational organized crime; piracy and maritime security, or violent extremism, amongst others.
Fro more information, visit AUC Regional Consultations.
For latest info, Click Here