Hot Job: IWMF needs a Communications Coordinator in Washington, DC. Apply Here for this job.
To Whom it may Concern!!!
- Download UTME Past Questions and Answers for 2019 Admission Here or Call 08142656677
- Download Scholarships Past Questions and Answers Here or Call 08142656677
- Download School of Nursing Past Questions and Answers Here or Call 08142656677
- Download Forces(Army, Navy, Airforce..)Past Questions and Answers simply Call 08142656677
For Full Details Click Here
kindly view Complete details here
Deadline: March 25, 2019
The IWMF seeks a vibrant individual to become their Communications Coordinator. The IWMF is run by a staff passionate about protecting, supporting and promoting women in news media. As IWMF grow their scope of work, they are expanding their communications department and seeking a creative, detail-oriented and highly motivated Communications Coordinator.
This new staff member will assist the communications department with enhancing the reputation of the organization through public relations and social media. Generally, this includes helping to develop, implement and manage tactics supporting the IWMF’s awards program, fellowships, grants, partnerships, research, trainings and emergency support.
This position is based at the IWMF’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Senior Communications Coordinator and the Director of Communications.
- Coordinate and implement communications strategies for email, web, multimedia, fundraising, traditional media and social media platforms: Assist the Senior Communications Coordinator with content development and updates for the IWMF newsletter and social media accounts
- Track key moments and media opportunities to promote the IWMF and its activities
- Develop media lists for press outreach
- Distribute press releases and public statements
- Pitch members of the press on IWMF campaigns and news and build relationships with reporters to increase media coverage: Specific beats include the media industry, gender/gender equity, diversity and philanthropy
- Field incoming questions from the media
- Create media backgrounders for booked appearances or scheduled interviews
- Monitor conversations online and trends in digital media: Report on metrics concerning digital and social traffic and engagement
- Draft and edit written content such as blog posts, social media posts and email marketing
- Support collateral creation, distribution and organization including brochures, videos, imagery, fact sheets, reporting and research
- Develop social media campaigns: Source, write, create and schedule original content for use on social media; and, research and gather content to supplement social media campaigns
- Establish and execute paid social promotions
- Assist with the display and functionality of the website
- Help to design, develop and create graphics and/or video shorts for digital use
- The IWMF offers a generous benefits package, including individual health insurance (80% paid by the IWMF), dental coverage, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, the opportunity to establish an FSA and paid holidays as well as paid leave between Christmas and New Year’s Day;
- In addition, they offer a 401k upon an employee’s start date with a matching contribution based on tenure. Other benefits include two weeks of paid vacation, two weeks of sick leave and three personal days within the first year of employment.
- 1—3 years of experience working in communications, public relations and/or public affairs with a focus on media relations and social media: Experience with non-profit organizations and/or within a PR agency strongly preferred
- Experience working in cross-functional teams – communications, fundraising and programming
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and respond to requests in a timely fashion
- Success developing content, story pitches and landing press features
- Experience contributing to social networking accounts on a daily basis (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) including monitoring and analytics
- Skill using media database networks as well as social media-related tools and software
- Strong writing, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment: Ability to work effectively with interruptions; and, able to handle frequently changing and/or unscheduled tasks with accuracy
- Some regional and international travel is required
- Experience in crafting campaign messages and content: Experience writing press releases and media statements; and, experience drafting audience-specific email messaging for member engagement and donor outreach
- Experience engaging with scheduling platforms for social media: Work with TweetDeck and/or Later preferred
- Strong copy-editing skills: Familiarity with AP Style guidelines
- Graphic design experience and skill in other types of creative design
- Experience utilizing multimedia programs to develop digital and video assets: Knowledge and prior use of photo and video editing software including the Adobe Suite
- Experience in marketing to and engaging culturally and ethnically diverse audiences, constituents and partners
Click here to apply
For more information, visit IWMF Job.
For latest info, Click Here