SEARCA FSC Summer School 2019 on “Transformative Changes in Agriculture and Food Systems” (Fully-funded to Laguna, Philippines). Apply Here for this job.
To Whom it may Concern!!!
- Download UTME Past Questions and Answers for 2019 Admission Here or Call 08142656677
- Download Scholarships Past Questions and Answers Here or Call 08142656677
- Download School of Nursing Past Questions and Answers Here or Call 08142656677
- Download Forces(Army, Navy, Airforce..)Past Questions and Answers simply Call 08142656677
Don't Hesitate Getting Full Details Here
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Apply for the FSC Summer School “Transformative Changes in Agriculture and Food Systems” 2019. This Summer School will consider advances in technology and discuss three pathways for how changes in food and agriculture systems couldcontribute to meeting SDG 2. The course will be held at the SEARCA Headquarters in Los Baños, Laguna, Philippines on 9 – 27 September 2019
The following modules will be organized:
- Module 1 (9 – 13 September 2019): Precision Agriculture. This module will discuss farm management that uses information technology applications such as GPS-guided control systems, sensors and remote sensing technology to make production more efficient, profitable and sustainable, while protecting the environment.
- Module 2 (16 – 20 September 2019): Vertical and Urban Farming. The rapid growth of cities and diminishing arable land gave rise to vertical farming as an ingenious method to produce food. While vertical farms save considerable space and soil, it also lowers water requirements and is seen as more sustainable. This module will look into vertical farming innovation systems like the use of hydroponics and plant towers.
- Module 3 (23 – 27 September 2019): Edible Insects – The Future of Food. While people used to eat insects because of its palatability and its established place in local food culture, consuming insects has become more relevant with the increasing demand for protein and for food security and environmental concerns. Insects are highly nutritious with protein, vitamin, fiber, and mineral content. A discourse on the conservation of habitat, rearing of insect species, and processing of insects into food and feed products while looking into the opportunities and challenges in marketing of insect-based food will be discussed in this module.
This Summer School is jointly organized by the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) and the Food Security Center (FSC) of the University of Hohenheim in Germany, with funding from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in the frame of the Higher Education Excellence in Development Cooperation (EXCEED) program.
- FSC will offer up to 16 scholarships for ongoing PhD students from Africa, Asia, and Latin America to participate in the course.
- The scholarship covers roundtrip economy-class air ticket, accommodation, meals, and domestic travel related to course activities in the Philippines.
- Other expenses (such as visa fees, if any) shall be borne by the students.
- How to Succeed in 2019/2020 Admission-Start Preparing with Pasts Questions and Answer
- Motivated PhD students from Africa, Asia and Latin America are invited to apply
- The course will be delivered in English. Participants must be fluent in English.
- Applicants must fill up the online form by clicking the link to the FSC Summer School application
- Upload a copy of handwritten motivation letter, a CV indicating education and work background, and certificate of enrolment from the university.
- The motivation letter should also describe the applicant’s preparation for the Summer School and the relevance of the Summer School topics to the applicant’s study program.
Successful applicants will be notified via email by 9 July 2019. Prospective participants will need to confirm their participation to the course and submit e-copy of their passport details via email to [email protected] not later than 12 July 2019. For inquiries or other details, contact us at [email protected]
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit FSC Summer School.
For latest info, Click Here