There are a lot of things which prospective applicants may not know about UNILORIN sandwich program and I would love to highlight them here gradually. Let me itemize them for clarity purpose.
- Unilorin Sandwich program for Diploma Students
- Unilorin Sandwich Program for Undergraduate Students
- Unilorin Sandwich program for PGD program
- Unilorin Sandwich Program for Masters
- Unilorin Admission requirements for sandwich Program
- School fess For Unilorin Sandwich Program
- The Academic Program for Unilorin Sandwich Program
- Unilorin sandwich program application form and how to apply
List of Available Undergraduate Courses In UNILORIN Sandwich Program for 2018
B. A. (Ed.) Degree Programmes in:
Arabic, Christian Studies, English, French, History, Islamic Studies, Social Studies and Yoruba.
B. Sc. (Ed.) Degree Programmes in:
Agriculture, Biology, Business Education, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Educational Technology, Geography, Health Education, Human Kinetics, Mathematics, Physics, Social Studies and Technology Education.
B. Ed. Degree Programmes in:
Adult Education, Counsellor Education, Educational Management and Primary Education Studies
(B)Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) and Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET)
(C)Master of Education Degree Programmes:
1. Educational Guidance and Counselling
2. Educational Management
3. Educational Psychology
4. Sociology of Education
5. Social Studies
6. Curriculum Studies in Social Sciences Education
7. Religious Studies Education
8. English Language Education
9. Mother-Tongue Education
10. Curriculum Studies in Arts Education
11. Science Education (Biology Chemistry Mathematics & Physics)
12 Curriculum Studies in Educational Technology (with options in Assistive Technology, Distance Education E-Learning and Instructional Technology)
13. Physical Education (with options in Administration and Management of Sports
14. Human Kinetics Education
15. Exercise & Sports Sciences Recreation Leisure and Tourism
16. Health Education/Public Health Education (with options in Nutrition Education, Drug Education, Family Life and Reproductive Health, Community Health & Primary Health Care, School Health Education)
(D)Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes:
Arabic Education, Human Kinetics and Health Education, Photography, Instructional Radio and Television Production, and Creative Arts.
Admission Requirements Into University of Ilorin, UNILORIN Sandwich Programmes:
For B. A. (Ed.), B.Sc. (Ed.) and B. Ed. Degree Programmes:
1. Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with Credit in One or Two other relevant teaching subjects;
2. “A” Level Passes in GCE/IJMB/NABTEB/JUPEB or its equivalent;
3. ND/OND are also accepted for selected courses: Arabic, Christian Studies, History, Human Kinetics, Health Education, Islamic Studies, Computer Science Education, Educational Technology and Technology Education. In addition, an applicant must possess at least five “O” Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects.
For the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) Programmes:
A Bachelor’s degree from any recognised University with a minimum of Third Class Honours degree is required. Higher National Diploma with at least an Upper Credit obtained from a recognised Polytechnics or allied Institutions.
For Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (PGDET):
a.)A Bachelor of Education Degree (B.Ed.; B. A. (Ed.); B.Sc. (Ed.); B. Tech (Ed.) with a minimum of Third Class Honours from the University of Ilorin or an equivalent Degree recognised by the Senate of the University of Ilorin.
b.)A Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.; B.Sc.; B. Tech) with a minimum of Third Class Honours and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PDGE) recognised by the Senate of the University.
For M.Ed. Degree Programmes:
1. A good First Degree in Education with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
2. A good First Degree in other disciplines with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) obtained at Credit Level from a recognised University.
3 Third Class Honour degree in Education with a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (with a Minimum of 60% pass grade); acceptable for admission into M.Ed. Educational Technology programme only.
Third Class Honour degree in other disciplines (B.A., B.Sc., B. Tech., etc plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) obtained at Credit level from a recognised University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology (with a minimum of 60% pass grade); acceptable for admission into M.Ed. Educational Technology programme only.
Admission Requirements for UNILORIN Sandwich Sub-Degree Diploma Programmes:
Human Kinetics and Health Education:
At least 5 O’ Level Credit passes at SSCE/GCE/TCII/NABTEB or equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two sittings.
WASC/GCE/TCII/Higher Islamic Studies Certificate (HISC); Senior Secondary School Certificate with Credit/Merit in at least foursubjects; one of which must be Arabic.
Diploma in the teaching of Arabic or Islamic Studies of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
c.Photography, Instructional Radio & Television Production and Creative Arts.
Candidates willing to proceed to the degree programmes must possess the pre-requisite five “O” Level passes at Credit level for relevant programmes.
NB: Please note that at least Credit passes in Mathematics and English at “O” Level are required to qualify for admission into Sub-degree, Degree and Master Degree programmes.
For detailed of admission requirements, interested applicants should visit Unilorin website (https://www.unilorin.edu.ng) and click on Institute of Education portal for the online application.
How To Apply For UNILORIN Sandwich Program 2018
Postgraduate = N25,000.00
Masters’ Qualifying Examinations hold on Saturday, 9th June, 2018
Time: 9:00 am
Venue: Institute of Education, University of Ilorin Mini-campus